Today’s agenda: Say hello to Final Cut Pro! (Or hello again if you’ve used it before.) We’ll spend our time in class getting familiar with the FCP platform and doing some basic editing on your intro videos.
Due Tuesday: Raw footage for your intro video.
- You should have at least 2:00 of interview footage and :30 B-roll/action footage.
Thursday’s class: You’ll wrap up editing your intro videos & post them to your “About” page by the end of class.
Due Thursday: By the end of class, your intro video needs to be done and posted to your blog.
IF YOU PLAN TO KEEP CMC VIDEO/PHOTO EQUIPMENT TO WORK ON PROJECT 1 OVER SPRING BREAK, YOU MUST NOTIFY ME SO I CAN LET THE CMC WORKERS KNOW.
For March 18 (after spring break): Read the Online copyright & ethics folder materials. We’ll go over some basic guidelines in class as well.
Due March 18: Blog post 7 & tweet it. Your blog post should be either a:
- Top 5 list of ways to not violate copyright/intellectual property laws
- Top 5 list of ways to not get sued for what you post online
The list should:
- Be your own words that summarize/paraphrase the reading(s)
- Begin with a brief intro paragraph that gives an overview of what you’re writing (a lead, if you will…)
- Include links to the materials you cited
- Be written using online writing principles (bulletpoints, headings, etc.)
- Be concise. No more than three sentences for each of your five items.