Today’s class: We’ll work on your video-shooting skills with an in-class assignment. We’ll also talk about your plans for Project 1.
- You’re going to be on camera, so dress accordingly.
Not sure what to talk about in your video? Here are some questions to answer:
- Introduce yourself by name
- Identify yourself as a SLU student & communication (NOT communicationS) major
- What do you like about journalism or your chosen field (PR, advertising, etc.)?
- What do you see as the future of journalism or your chosen field?
- What kind of a job are you looking for? (or what are your plans after graduation?)
- A couple of interesting facts about you
Due Thursday: Story plan for Project 1 is due via email or shared Google doc. You must use the format we went over in class Tuesday. Templates are posted on Blackboard.
For Tuesday: Say hello to Final Cut Pro! (Or hello again if you’ve used it before.) We’ll spend our time in class getting familiar with the FCP platform and doing some basic editing on your intro videos.
Due Tuesday: Raw footage for your intro video.
- You should have at least 2:00 of interview footage and :30 B-roll/action footage.