Today’s agenda: We’ll talk about the differences in writing for print v. online, and flex your online writing muscles with two in-class assignments.
Due Tuesday: Read the Writing for online folder. Blog post 5 & tweet 5 are due by the start of class.
Blog post 5: Compose your own list of Top 5 tips for online writing. (Think about how it differs from print writing, for example.) Make sure you use online writing principles when writing your post:
- Brief intro that gives an overview of what you’re writing (a lead, if you will…)
- Use bulletpoints/numerals, etc.
- Be concise. No more than three sentences for each of your five items
- At least one link to cite info from an assigned reading (or a different source if you find something relevant)
- Headline that uses SEO
- DO NOT copy & paste from the readings
Tweet 5: Write an interesting tweet (with a link to your blog post) that will entice your followers to click through to your blog post.
- DO NOT simply copy & paste your headline as the tweet message.
For Thursday: We’ll talk in class about options for Project 1 and go to the CMC Studio for training on some of the equipment.