Today’s agenda: We’ll talk about your examples of good visual storytelling
Due Thursday: Read/watch the materials in the Visual Storytelling folder. Write Blog post 2 & Tweet 2
Blog post 2
- Find an example of good visual storytelling (it should include video/photos)
- In at least 250 words, discuss what makes it good
- What makes it compelling?
- Is it journalism in the traditional sense, or storytelling done on behalf of an organization or other group?
- Include an in-text link to your example
- Link to any of the “readings” that helped you identify what makes the example a good piece of visual storytelling
- Summarize the main point of your blog post
- Include link to your post (use bitly to shorten) and #mpj2014
For Tuesday: Read Building Personal Brand folder.
Due Tuesday: Blog post 3 & Tweet 3
Blog post 3: What is/will be your personal brand?
What is/will be your niche?
What is/will be your area of expertise?
How will you establish your personal brand?
Draw from the readings & cite at least one with in-text link
Use another in-text link to reference someone in your chosen field who you think has done a good job of establishing his/her personal brand & explain why
- 250 words
Tweet 3: Tweet a summary of your personal brand plan
- Link to your post
- Use #mpj2014